Friday, December 4, 2009

Day Three - Christmas Tree #4

I've done it again. I'm on a roll. Here are the pieces, fused and needing to be cut:
Everything ironed down and the finished product:
Again, surprisingly I'm quite pleased with it. Cute!

Crapting Moments: Happy to report not a single one! At least in regards to this tree, however, I did make the mistake of reading the instructions and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to put it together without major assistance. Also, the instructions said that you need to sew around all the appliques with quilting thread that matches the fabric! I don't have enough spools of thread to match all the different colors I'm using (actual fact - I own no quilting thread whatsoever). What's a girl to do? I'm wondering how tacky it would be to maybe use some kind of Christmasy metallic thread (does that even exist?). Pretty tacky, now that I think about it. I'm going to finish the rest of the trees before I sew and then honestly, I don't know how I'm going to manage the borders, binding and quilting. I've never done anything remotely like this! Positive thinking, girl, positive thinking

The four trees:
It is getting to be quite a festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment